Single roofing is the most used type of roofing type used in the world right now. There are many reasons for this much popularity of the shingle roofs. Their looks, lifespans and cost-efficiency make them one of the best overall roofing types. There are certain pros and cons that you should consider before new roof installation on your home.
There are many reasons why a majority of homeowners select the shingle roofing as compared to the other types.
- One of the biggest benefits is that shingle roofing is usually affordable. In fact, asphalt shingles are some of the best value for price shingles that money can buy. Also, in addition to being affordable, these roofs last for around 15 to 20 years. So, for the people changing homes after some time, shingle roof can be their best bet.
- Another main benefit of choosing the shingle roofing is that the shingles are really easy to install. Installation takes some days to complete if you hire the roofing experts to do the job.
- Versatility is another great factor that makes shingle roofing a preferable thing. They are versatile and don’t required any specialized tools to get installed. Also, they can fit in any type and shape of roof imaginable.
- In addition to their affordability, asphalt shingles as also available in a wide variety to choose from. This makes it easier for you to buy the right type of shingles for your roof.
- Safety is also a big factor to consider when it comes to choosing the shingles. The biggest advantage is that these shingles are fire resistant, so, it would take a strong fore to break down your home’s roof in the event of any fire.
Also, other things like small lifespan, more susceptibility to damage, and mildew issues are some cons of shingle roofing.